Friday, December 7, 2012

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

If you ordered a copy of the book before Wednesday, 12/5/12, you will likely receive your copy in the mail and discover that there is a technical error between pages 15 and 16.

You will turn page 15 and see "Page 10" and the beginning of the Los Lobos chapter. Then you will see an additional page 15 before you turn the page to page 16.

I apologize for the error and plan to rectify it by sending you a new copy of the book.

One of the perils of self-publishing is learning how it works as you go along. I made a false assumption that I would receive a "proof" copy of the book to approve before any were sent to buyers.

My Lulu page had a button on it that said "approve for distribution." The instructions I read said that the book would not be distributed until I looked over the copy I received in the mail and approved it. This would allow for corrections to the cover or, as is the case here, a technical error in the introduction to the book.

When I received my proof copy on Wednesday, I found the error and quickly fixed it. Today a friend of mine received her books and they still had the technical error. After speaking with a rep from Lulu, I learned that that "approval" button was strictly for outside distribution (i.e. brick and mortar stores and Amazon).

Unfortunately, anyone who bought the book before that correction was made (Bless you, everyone of you), will not get the correct text.

So, if you have one of those copies of the book, please drop me an email with your address so I can get a copy in the mail to you ASAP.

Again, I apologize for the mishap.

No comments:

Post a Comment