Sunday, December 16, 2012

Simple thoughts on Newtown

It's difficult to put into words how I feel about Friday's tragedy. I was at work when the news broke in Los Angeles, and the busy events of that work day suppressed any anger, sadness and fear that I had. It wasn't until just a few minutes ago, with Sunday winding down, that it all came out. I just want to cry and punch something at the same time.

When something of this magnitude happens, all I want to do is grab my children and wrap them in my arms. To have either Sophie or Jake ripped from my life would devastate me, as I'm sure it would do any parent. My thoughts and prayers go out to those grieving families in Connecticut. The world is with you, not that that will bring you any comfort anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment